Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 13


My 13th b-moment didn’t really involve a kitten, but I will explain why I am using this picture. So during my lunch break I went to the 99cent store and filled up on my usual goodies, brussel sprouts, eggplant, cauliflower, etc. An older gentleman walked past me, talking out loud to himself, or, perhaps to me apparently, since this was my b-moment. He appeared a bit disheveled and walked slowly with his shopping cart. He said aloud, “now how did I end up here? Why am I in this aisle??” Then when I walked past him holding my cauliflower, I heard him say, “I don’t even know how to cook that!” So I turned around and said “I like to boil it!”

Later when I was in line to pay, I saw Mr. Man in the line next to me. He stood there for a bit, then said aloud, “I don’t even have to spend a lot of time here. I don’t even have anything in my cart!” That’s when I noticed his empty shopping cart! Then he exited.

I don’t know why he was there that day, and whether he didn’t buy anything because he forgot what he wanted to get, or if maybe he was just passing time. Whatever his situation was, the occurrence brought me my b-moment. He just seemed so….carefree. The easy way he moved around the store, the tempo of his day, the realization he had been given the gift of time because he didn’t need to stand in line. It was all so…free. The world was his oyster on my 13th day. Even though his reason for being there remains unclear, it became my bliss of the day. Obviously I didn’t take a picture of him, but the image that popped into my mind was this kitty. Just all relaxed, as if no worries were in sight.

expected bliss: 6, unexpected bliss: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment