Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 9

Buddha Bliss

Took the day off of work to attend my mom's tea ceremony class graduation at a Buddhist Foundation. Wow. The property is amazing. It's hard to describe how serene, beautiful and peaceful it was, but believe me it was...just perfect. We had some time to explore and walk around. The foundation offers a variety of classes there to the public in both Chinese and English. So here is Miss Blissfinder with Buddha Bliss. Onto the tea ceremony.

Traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony

I love tea, my favorite is chamomile tea. However I never have experienced tea like this! My mom and the other students all sat at different tables and prepared Oolong tea for us in the most elegant, drawn out way. I loved what the instructor said, that people have different reasons for taking the class, but the experience is for everyone, not just the person serving the tea, but the person receiving the tea. It was neat to see the intricate steps involved, the graceful way to handle the tea, and to sip and enjoy...time slowed down and bliss was all around. Thank you Mommy!

expected bliss: 4, unexpected bliss: 5

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries you come back and we do for you! time limited though, so must be back in the states soon!

    ReplyDelete