Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 5


B-moment:  a child's laughter

Let me back up. My beau's nephew Danny has been in the hospital in ICU for a full week now. He had some type of infection that caused his red blood cell count to drop, and has had several blood transfusions in the past week. Finally got to see him last night. Even though I know he is getting better and transferring out of ICU, it was still hard to see him all plugged up to the machines. He woke up a bit later and was clearly uncomfortabel. It was hard not to notice the bruises on his little hands and arms. Even harder was seeing a totally different kiddo because usually he is running around and being silly and cuter than heck. Although taking the time to stop and give me hugs and kisses when I ask for them (more b-moments from those)

To make him feel better, my beau busted out his phone and put on the video of D boy's favorite Spanish song and it was like magic. As soon as the video started Danny boy just started singing along! Up to that second before the song started he was very quiet. Bam! He started singing and I believe I lost count after he sang the song after 20 times!

Above picture is Danny singing the same song to another relative that called. Ahh the bliss of a child's laughter even when he isn't feeling the bestest.

Expected bliss: 2, unexpected: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment