Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 23


MMM...Meat Bliss

Looks like heaven to a carnivore like me. I can probably easily say that eating those fine slabs of dead moomoo was the defining b-moment, but look again, it's not. Please read on.

Thursday was a great day at work. I met with my supervisor for my yearly evaluation and got a great performance review! I was really proud of myself and it was really nice to read all the wonderful and positive things that she wrote about my work in the past year. I am working on a presentation on the topic of self-esteem to present next week to some students and I must agree with one of the things in there: that we should make it a point to be our own best friends and that means giving ourselves: acceptance, help, encouragement, praise, time, trust, respect and love. So true! So I was very excited and proud of myself to get the great review and my 5% raise! Woohoo!

Anyways, so honey and I go to fancy dinner that night. We have a reason to celebrate and we get dressed up. What an experience. We had all the components to make a poor review for the fancy high-priced place:

slow service: check!
dirty utensil: check! (my fork had a piece of old something stuck to it)
wet seat: check! (i had to wipe down my chair)
slow service: check! (ummmm I only wanted water??)
bugs in beer: check check! (both cups of beer had dead bugs in there, the 2nd one bigger than 1st)

What more could you want?? :) The most redeeming part, however, was that the food was great. Honey's steak was very tasty and huge. Mine was pretty good too. I enjoyed the cream corn too. The manager came over to give an awkward apology where he more told us to accept his apology, rather than ask. We said ok and it's fine. He told us the the beers would be comped and to take some desserts home free of charge. So we get the creme brulee. Should have taken a pic. The strawberry that came with it, albeit cut up nicely, was so old that it was nearly rotten. Boohoo!

Why did this make my b-moment you ask? I think it was the ridiculousness of it, we had a blast laughing about it and saying how there is no need to ever return there again! Better to make our own steak at home and serve ourselves whatever we want. If we want our own bugs we can put in our own! :)

expected bliss: 12, unexpected bliss: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment