Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 29

Music is Love

These days I really believe in signs. Remember when I said on Day 15 that I wanted to play piano for seniors in homes? Tuesday night out of nowhere I thought about the goal I have and how I need to get a move on the plan. So the morning of Day 29 I went to youtube in the morning to find a song to listen to while getting ready for work. When you go to the youtube homepage it shows random videos available to watch. I never look at those. I usually just type in whatever video I want to watch. That morning for some reason I looked down and saw the title of the 2nd video listed:  Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era. I thought wow, I have to watch this.
I got to work and watched it. It was amazing. Shows the video of a man at a nursing home who is non-ambulatory and is usually just slouched over and not very active. The recreational therapist decided to try music therapy and put headphones on the man and when he heard music, he came to life. It is so powerful. Touching and sweet and beautiful. Tears of joy galore at work! It really hit me how much I need to get on this plan!
This is what he says:  "It gives me the feeling of love, romance. I figure right now the world needs to come into music, singing. You’ve got beautiful music here, beautiful, lovely. I feel band of love, of dreams. The Lord came to me, made me holy. I’m a holy man so He gave me these sounds."

expected bliss: 14, unexpected bliss: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment